Panama, a tropical paradise nestled between North and South America, offers a unique blend of culture, climate, and lifestyle. From its abundant sunshine to its unspoiled nature, there are countless reasons why living in Panama is a dream come true. Let’s explore seven of my favorite things about calling Panama home.
1. Abundant Sunshine
One of the most appealing aspects of living in Panama is the consistent presence of sunshine. Whether you’re lounging on the beach or taking a dip in the pool, you can always count on warm, sunny weather to brighten your day.
2. Epic Thunderstorms
During the rainy season, Panama experiences intense but brief afternoon thunderstorms. These dramatic displays of nature add excitement to the climate and provide a refreshing break from the heat.
3. Personal Pools
In Panama, personal pools are a common luxury, whether you’re living in a condominium or an expat house. Having access to your own pool contributes to a relaxed and enjoyable lifestyle, perfect for unwinding after a long day.
4. Unspoiled Nature
Panama is home to diverse and unspoiled nature, from lush city jungle reserves to pristine beaches. Exploring Panama’s rich geography and wildlife is a rewarding experience that never fails to impress.
5. Delicious Rum
Indulging in a rum and Coke is a beloved pastime in Panama, with Ron Abuelo being a favored choice among locals and expats alike. The simplicity and quality of Panama’s rum add to the country’s enjoyable lifestyle.
6. Spacious Living
Whether you prefer the tranquility of the countryside or the convenience of city living, Panama offers ample room to spread out. Larger apartments and lofty ceilings provide a sense of spaciousness that is hard to find elsewhere.
7. Americana Connection
Thanks to Panama’s close relationship with the United States, expats and locals alike benefit from shared aspects like food, shopping, and business culture. This connection adds a familiar touch to life in Panama and makes it easy to feel at home.
Living in Panama offers a unique blend of natural beauty, cultural richness, and modern conveniences that make it a truly special place to call home. From its sunny weather to its delicious rum, Panama has something to offer everyone, making it an ideal destination for expats and adventurers alike.
- Is it expensive to live in Panama?
- While certain areas like Panama City can be pricey, overall, the cost of living in Panama is relatively affordable compared to many Western countries.
- What is the healthcare system like in Panama?
- Panama has a public healthcare system that provides basic services to residents, as well as private healthcare options for those who prefer additional amenities and faster service.
- Is it easy to get residency in Panama?
- Panama offers several residency options for foreigners, including the Friendly Nations Visa and the Pensionado Visa, which have relatively straightforward requirements.
- Are there good educational opportunities for expat families in Panama?
- Yes, Panama has a variety of international schools that offer high-quality education in English, making it a popular choice for expat families.
- What is the crime rate like in Panama?
- While crime exists in Panama, it varies by region and is often concentrated in urban areas. Taking common-sense precautions can help expats stay safe and secure in their new home.